One Voice for Animals UK (OVFAUK)
The name of the Group shall be One Voice for Animals UK
A future where every animal that needs Rescue, Rehabilitation or Rehoming - gets that chance.
For UK small animal rescue centres, hospitals and sanctuaries to:
* Be recognised and valued for what they do for UK Animal Welfare
* Have the tools they need to thrive in a digital age
* Have the funds they need to operate
* Be part of a supportive network
* Have a platform to campaign on issues that cause harm to animals
For the Public to:
* Have a place to go to find rescues who need support near them - our website
In order to achieve its aims the Group may:
Promote the organisations on the One Voice for Animals UK appeal Database at www.helpanimals.co.uk to the public. Invite the public to use the database to find and support local rescues, and encourage the public to donate to those rescues.
Source and Provide Business support and Education Opportunities to members that enhance their ability to run as efficient effective organisations.
Source and provide education opportunities that benefit the well-being and welfare of all UK Wildlife, Domestic animals and Pets.
Campaign for changes in the law that benefit UK animal welfare.
Invite and receive contributions and raise funds where appropriate, to finance the work of the group, and to open a bank account to manage such funds.
Publicise and promote the work and aims of the group by utilising social media and press campaigns
Work with groups of a similar nature and exchange information, advice and knowledge with them, including cooperation with other voluntary bodies, charities, statutory and non-statutory organisations.
Take any form of action that is lawful, and which is necessary to achieve the objectives of the group
a) Membership of the Group is defined as the management teams of any organisation on the One Voice for Animals UK Appeal database, and members of the One Voice for Animals UK Appeal Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/onevoiceforanimalsappeal
a) The Group shall be administered by a Management Committee of not less than three and not more than six individuals elected at the Group’s Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.).
b) The Officers of the Management Committee shall be: the Chairperson and two committee members
c) The Management Committee may co-opt onto the Committee, up to three individuals, in an advisory and non-voting capacity that it feels will help to fulfil the aim of the Group.
d) The Management Committee shall meet at least two times a year.
e) At least three Management Committee members must be present for a Management Committee meeting to take place. Meetings can take place virtually
f) Voting at Management Committee meetings shall be by a show of hands. If there is a tied vote then the Chairperson shall have a second vote.
g) The Management Committee shall have the power to remove any member of the Committee for good and proper reason.
h) The Management Committee may appoint any other member of the Group as a Committee member to fill a vacancy, provided that the maximum prescribed is not exceeded.
6) The Duties of the Officers.
a) The duties of the Chairperson shall be to:
• Chair meetings of the Committee and the Group
• Represent the Group at functions/meetings that the Group has been invited to and
• Act as the spokesperson of the Group when necessary.
• Supervise the financial affairs of the Group and
• Keep proper accounts that show all monies received and paid out by the Group.
b) The duties of the Committee members shall be to:
• Jointly maintain a membership list
• Prepare in consultation with the Chairperson the agenda for meetings of the Committee and the Group
• Take and keep minutes of all meetings and
• Collect and circulate any relevant information within the Group.
a) All monies received by or on behalf of the Group shall be applied to further the aim of the Group and for no other purpose.
b) Any bank accounts opened for the Group shall be in the name of the Group.
c) Any cheques issued shall be signed by the Chairperson
d) The Group shall ensure that its accounts are audited or independently examined every year.
8) Annual General Meeting.
a) The Group shall hold an Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) in the month of August
b) All members shall be given at least Seven days’ notice of the A.G.M. and shall be entitled to attend and vote.
c) The business of the A.G.M. shall include:
• receiving a report from the Chairperson on the Group’s activities over the year
• electing a new Management Committee and
• considering any other matter as may be decided.
d) At least 3 members must be present for the Annual General Meeting and any other General Meeting to take place
9) General Meetings.
a) There shall be 2 General Meetings (excluding the A.G.M) each year.
b) All members shall be entitled to attend and vote.
10) Alterations to the Constitution.
Any changes to this Constitution must be agreed by at least two-thirds of those members present and voting at any General Meeting.
The Group may be wound up at any time if agreed by two-thirds of those members present and voting at any General Meeting. In the event of winding up any assets remaining after all debts have been paid shall be given to another Group with a similar aim.
This constitution was adopted at a General meeting of the group on 18 August 2020
Val Green. Chairperson
Katrin Nather. Committee
Kimberley O'Neill. Committee
Lea Facey. Committee
Angela Horton. Committee
Lucy Steele. Committee
Any questions about this constitution can be emailed to the One Voice for Animals UK mailbox at email@example.com